- It was utilized as an after school program in a local Middle school in Cobb County, GA in 2009.
- A modified Detour Program was utilized in conjunction with a diversion program for middle school students in Douglas County, GA in 2010.
- It was used as a stand-alone program for high school students with mental illness diagnosis and it incorporated video journals from 2009-2010 for a local community service board.
- The Detour program has presented workshops at the 2010 and 2012 Guide (Gwinnett United in Drug Education) Teen Institute at Oxford College in Oxford, GA.
- The Detour program was presented at the 2013 National Youth-at-risk Conference sponsored by the University of Southern Georgia.
- The Detour program is in the process of developing a faith based component and more marketable workshops to provide to the community.
David White has over twenty years of experience working in the social service field. His various endeavors give him a unique perspective on youth and their culture. David was the Executive Director for a local community based non-profit agency in Gwinnett County, GA.
He served as the Group Coordinator for a local Community Service Board in Cobb County, GA, he served as a Case Manager for the Intensive Family Intervention Team, and served as a child and adolescent Case Manager for community supports working closely with Probation Officers, Teachers; Counselors, school Administrators and Parents.
David co-created the UMATTERR project, which utilizes media and technology to teach/train children and adolescents with behavioral health diagnosis how to create Public Service Announcements, spoken word pieces and other video production projects that were youth driven.
He has also presented the UMATTERR project at several universities including:
- Penn State at the 2009 Youth and Family Training Institute and their Nineteenth Children’s Inter agency Training Conference in 2007.
- Georgetown University’s 2006 and the 2008 National Training Institutes conferences.
- The 2006, 2007 and 2008 National Youth-at-risk Conference sponsored by the University of Southern Georgia;
David also served as Family Teacher for Boys Town of Southern California and he is a Nurturing Parenting® facilitator that facilitates parenting classes for parents with school age children ages 5-11, parents and their adolescents and for families recovering from substance abuse.
David, a veteran of the US Air force currently lives in Lee County, FL with his wife of over twenty nine years. He serves as the President of White On White Enterprises, a Small Business Development company and he serves as Chair on the Board of Directors for a local community based nonprofit organization.